ISTE Standards & NGSS Science & Engineering Practies

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Notebook Hacking

Last night, I was so excited about the completion of my first blinged-out book that I started reading about the new circuit stickers that I bought online.

In the process, I discovered 21st Century Notebooking, a new Google+ Community! This community is connecting the book arts with the National Writer's project, which has only increased my desire to play around with this medium!

I've learned that Jie Qi, a doctoral student at the MIT Media Lab, has links to several cool tutorials at Chibitronics.  I am so inspired by her work that I am going to start experimenting with journaling in my blinged-out books, by integrating artwork and circuitry in between the pages.

Here is a link to a blog post featuring a lesson that integrates circuitry into poetry!
Illuminating Poetry with Paper Circuitry

NGSS Framework Practices Addressed

8.  Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information



No comments:

Post a Comment