ISTE Standards & NGSS Science & Engineering Practies

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Project Idea



How can I integrate electronic circuitry with traditional bookbinding?



For my Create Make Learn project, I am going to combine the medium with which I most enjoy working (paper) with a new one (electronic circuitry and LEDs).



Last week, I learned how to solder (and how to spell solder) with the idea of adding LEDs to the cover of a hard-back book.

I also learned how to create a simple switch using copper tapes.





This week, I started playing around in my studio and ended up with an idea for a book cover made out of wood.  As I begin to build a functioning model, I will be thinking about other ways that I might be able to achieve interesting results.

I plan to apply the eight practices of science and engineering identified by the Science Framework for K-12 Science Education

1.  Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
2.  Developing and using models
3.  Planning and carrying out investigations
4.  Analyzing and interpreting data
5.  Using mathematics and computational thinking
6.  Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
7.  Engaging in argument from evidence
8.  Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information

No comments:

Post a Comment