ISTE Standards & NGSS Science & Engineering Practies

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Paper Battery Holder

I am finding that the little plastic battery holders are a bit challenging to work with in a bookbinding project, because they are so thick.

Puttering around on the Internet led me to this awesome discovery!  You can make a paper battery holder that connects to LEDs with copper tape! This type of a battery holder is much THINNER!

I found the tutorial and a template, created by Jie Qi,  at the following link: Paper Batter Holder Tutorial 

Here is the project that I made using a piece of paper-cloth, two flowers printed from a 3D printer, two LEDs, and all of the copper tape that I had.




I just ordered more supplies, and I can hardly wait for them to arrive!

 



NGSS Framework Practices Addressed

1.  Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
2.  Developing and using models
3.  Planning and carrying out investigations
6.  Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
8.  Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information


No comments:

Post a Comment