ISTE Standards & NGSS Science & Engineering Practies

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Book With Polymer Clay Covers

I made this book in stages over the course of three days.  I wrote about the first day in an earlier blog post titled "Soldering Fail."  As it turned out, my soldering was just fine; my battery, however, was not!

Consequently, I learned that it's not a good idea to store coin batteries in containers where they touch one another!

While I am pretty excited about the way that the switch turned out (check out my short video below), I do wish that I'd used more color when I created the polymer clay covers.

I decided to use polymer clay for the covers, because I thought that it might be easier for the Lilypad LEDs to peek out from the inside.  While that was a correct assumption, these covers are a bit more flexible than I'd anticipated.





NGSS Framework Practices Addressed

1.  Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
2.  Developing and using models
3.  Planning and carrying out investigations
4.  Analyzing and interpreting data
6.  Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
8.  Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information


No comments:

Post a Comment