ISTE Standards & NGSS Science & Engineering Practies

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Revised Model



In an earlier post, My First Blinged-Out Book, I was thrilled that I had a solid working model, even though I suspected that I might have a power supply problem that needed fixing.  
Today, I revised the cover to add a switch and a LilyPad Tiny Twinkler.  I am most proud of the fact that I was able to get five LEDs to twinkle this time!



(See it in action in the video below).

I lined the front cover with a couple of layers of felt to accommodate the bulk of the battery.


NGSS Framework Practices Addressed

1.  Asking questions (for science) and defining problems (for engineering)
2.  Developing and using models
3.  Planning and carrying out investigations
4.  Analyzing and interpreting data
5.  Using mathematics and computational thinking
6.  Constructing explanations (for science) and designing solutions (for engineering)
8.  Obtaining, evaluating, and communicating information

No comments:

Post a Comment