ISTE Standards & NGSS Science & Engineering Practies

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Puttering Around with Paper Circuits (Again)

I am having way too much fun playing with copper tape, LEDs and Attiny85 microprocessors!

Right now, I'm in the process of designing a book cover featuring a sparkling sea turtle, as a gift for my daughter.  I've begun prototyping it, but I'm still trying to work out where the battery and microprocessor will go.

I'm also trying to determine whether I can adhere artwork over the circuit using PVA glue.  I'm not worried about the LEDs, but I am worried that the cover will look lumpy in areas where the paper comes in contact with bumps of solder.  For the time being, this remains a work in progress.  To see my progress, please visit this related blog post.

My messy circuit.

Here's my rough sketch.  I used adhesive address labels between the traces to keep them from touching in areas where they overlap.

No comments:

Post a Comment